Monday, December 20, 2010

Songs about crushes

For a few months now I've had a serious secret crush on an amazing heavily-tattooed man, so here are some songs for those who are crushing too.

"Laurie" by Daniel Johnston



I can't explain such love aflame
I overcame victorious
Filled my heart with such desire
So grand and so glorious


"Boyfriend" by Best Coast



There's nothing worse than sitting all alone at home
And waiting waiting waiting waiting by the phone
I hope that he's at home
Waiting by his phone
I wonder if he knows
That I want him

I wish he was my boyfriend
I wish he was my boyfriend
I'd love him to the very end but instead he's just a friend
I wish he was my boyfriend


"Cool Guitar Boy" by Heavenly



He looks so neat with his hair which is tousled up long mess and
He acts all coy, smiles and hides. Could he like me? I have to guess
He looks so cool in this shades, hide his eyes, might be looking my way
Never speaks, which I like, doesn't have much to say

I love him lots and I wish he'd see me: the Cool Guitar Boy
He looks so brilliant when he plays his twelve-string and smiles
Oh pure joy!

And I wish he's see me
And I want him to love me
Cos I know there's heaven, heaven in his arms


"I'm in Love with a Girl Who Doesn't Know I Exist" by Another Sunny Day



So many times this has happened before
But I never knew love could make you feel this sore
I could speak to you
You could speak to me
Oh but it will never happen
What will be will be
So I'll just lie and dream of the chance I have missed
I'm in love with a girl who doesn't know I exist


"Youth" by Beat Happening



When I was young
I sought to win a young girl's heart
I chased the girl around a cherry tree
All I ended up winning was a couple of skinned knees


"Prettiest Boy" by Tiger Trap



I have a pineapple crush on a boy 
I don't know where he came from 
Or how he got skin just like snow
He's the angel I asked for in my prayers last night
He's the only one who can make my wrong life right
'Cause I know he was sent here just for me
beautiful vision is stuck in my heart
I wish I could tell him but don't know where to start


"The Way I Feel Inside" by The Zombies



But till I can see
That you'd really care for me
I'll keep trying to hide
The way I feel inside



What are your favourite songs about crushes and unrequited love?

No comments:

Post a Comment